...search greyeyesgabriel...

11.26.2009

Thanksgiving Gratitude

 As an American; today I celebrated Thanksgiving with my family, as most American's did this Thursday; but I just wanted to note some of the things that I am grateful for over this last year. It has been a very rough year for many of here in America, I keep those less fortunate than myself in my thoughts and my prayers throughout the year, but today is about reflection and showing gratitude for whatever life has brought to door. Sometimes it may appear bleak, and like nothing is going right; but, sometimes, what is going wrong is what is right. What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger; is an old saying that I am fond of, but we truly grow when we gain wisdom from our experience. I have grown so much with the knowledge I have gained over the internet this last  year; much less what I learned from the year before. I am grateful that I am in a position to be able to do this; it is only by the help from my father can I do what I am doing everyday; he is my first sponsor, providing me with an internet connection. As you can see; I rarely post to this blog, lots of micro blogs; but this is my personal forum, and I will try to post here more often; after all, you are interested in my thoughts, you subscribed.

 I am grateful for my 2 beautiful children; both of  which I had with me on this day. They grow up so fast; my boy is already a teenager; and my girl is almost out of elementary school. I am grateful for all of the time I get to spend with them; before I know it, they will be grown and have families of their own. They are really well behaved children; most of the time, I love them with all of my heart. I am grateful for my grandmother; God knows, she has been there for me all of my life; now I get to be there for her. It has been really hard for to adjust to having someone around all the time; and very frustrating dealing with confusion, but she won't be with us much longer.

 I had worked for RGIS (an inventory service) for 4 years before they laid me off last year; after cutting my hours in half. During this time, I got to see where America's economy was headed from the inside out; so about 2.5 years ago, I started doing research on work from home jobs, internet marketing, and such. I went in with one rule; a job, any job, should make you money, not cost you money. In doing this, I did not waste money I didn't have on a scheme that didn't make me any money; or a program that was so complicated and full of "training" that you give up on it before you get anywhere near turning a profit. I had some friends that got jobs doing internet service calls; all it required was a computer, a mic, and an internet connection. Of course, they were slaves to the computer; they had to claim hours through the company, mostly odd hours that no one else wanted, making very little per call. This wasn't for me, and most of the other "work at home jobs" that I came across were just companies offering to sell you info on how to find those jobs. I started freelance writing; but that was really more journalist driven, and I still like writing. ( I still freelance a little bit, but mostly opinion pieces; imagine that.) Then I discovered affiliate marketing and started building my first advertising geared website; then I discovered just how much work is involved, but I have stuck with it. I had an idea a couple of years ago based some information that i came across; I was looking at major corporations and their web performance based on keywords. It dawned on me that one thing all of these companies had in common was a branded name; in fact most of their keyword lists were mostly just different variations of the same branded name. Names like Walmart, Target, Sears, etc. Everyone of these companies started with a brand name that was not well known; even Google started as an unknown and competed with Yahoo! and MSN, they are now the #1 website on the web. I had an idea of personal sponsorship; based on a search I did for my username, I couldn't believe the results I got; much less where they were coming from. Comments that I had posted on myspace, commets from YouTube, accounts from the social networks; so I bought the domain www.greyeyesgabrielinternational.com and created my brand on my username; my webtag. I decided that my first ad campaign would be "...search greyeyesgabriel..." and my company was born.

 Right now, you may be asking yourself, "What does this have to do with Thanksgiving?" Well, you see, this is one of the things I am most grateful for; I am grateful to God for allowing me the vision to be able to bring this idea to life. I am grateful for all of you out there in Virtual Reality; my success or failure depends on your satisfaction with my brand name. I am grateful for all of the support that I have received from all of friends, new and long time as well; thank you. I am grateful for my family; they all play their part in ensuring our survival, none of us could make it on our own. This has been a very rough year; there have been many ups and downs, and I am grateful to still be above ground. I am grateful to have come from a couple of very talented people; and I hope to be able to utilize my natural talents to help benefit your needs in the years to come. I am grateful that I live in a place where I am not beaten, arrested, or killed for voicing my opinion and pray for those that fighting for those inalienable rights of all of the citizens of the world. I just wanted to share my gratitude with you; I hope you have enjoyed the ride so far, thank you, as always, for supporting the greyeyesgabriel brand.

                                               ~greyeyesgabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Do You See It?